We’d like to find out more from the community about how residents and businesses would like to shape the future for Bengeo.
If you’d like to take part and provide us with some initial feedback on development in Bengeo, please fill out or SurveyMonkey form using the link below.
Click here to fill out our feedback form
If you’d like to get actively involved in the Neighbourhood Plan, please tell us more about yourself and how you like to help.
Click here to fill out our volunteers form
120 residents and representatives of businesses and organisations attended the Bengeo Neighbourhood Area Plan (BNAP) meeting on 24th June. The meeting focused on three main themes:
- Communication: informing the local community about what Neighbourhood Plans are, their benefits and how they are created.
- Consultation: the fundamental basis of the plan is that it reflects community concerns, ideas and aspirations – the “vision”. Much of the meeting consisted of a discussion forum in which the audience was asked to raise and discuss anything they thought relevant.
- Contribution: the plan can only be successful if members of the community are prepared to contribute time to it – a good pool of volunteers is vital.
Mark Lynch, the Chairman of interim BNAP Steering Group introduced the three themes and explained that the aim of Neighbourhood Plans is to shape the vision of the area. It is proposed that BNAP will cover the entire Hertford Bengeo Ward, which is very diverse – in addition to the main residential areas on either side of Port Hill and Bengeo St, it includes St Andrew Street, the north side of North Road, Hartham, Folly Island, Great Molewood and rural areas along B158.
Continue reading “Residents Turn Out For Meeting”
The first Bengeo NAP community meeting takes plave at Bengeo Primary School this Saturday 24th June 2017 at 4pm. We will be joined by local MP Mark Prisk, Cllr Sue Dunkley (The Mayor), Cllr Steve Cousins and Cllr Andrew Stevenson.
The community is invited to join the Bengeo Neighbourhood Area Plan Steering Group, which is endorsed by local Residents’ Associations, to participate in creating a neighbourhood area plan for Bengeo.
Attend this first community meeting to find out how Bengeo Neighbourhood Area Plan can influence where you live and work, and to have your say on:
- future residential development
- countryside and open spaces
- roads, cycleways, and parking
- shops, community centres, health provision
- heritage and culture
- anything else you think is important.
This is an important, long-term community project that will shape the future of Bengeo and local knowledge and expertise provided by the local community will be critical to its success.
Residents, businesses and local organisations – please come along to the meeting to share your views and find out how you can get involved